[TenTec] Alas, not for me

John Rippey w3uls at 3n.net
Tue Aug 31 17:22:59 EDT 2004

If, as has been speculated, Ten-Tec may come out with a successor to the
Pegasus, there's no doubt  that such a product would be able to do all
kinds of neat digital things. One example of where things are going in the
retail digital world is the new Apple iMac, announced today, which has so
many gee-whiz functions for consumers that it makes just doing word
processing and running Quicken sound like the Dark Ages. (I do not believe
it includes a Morse code reader, however.)

For those digitally challenged like myself, it does not take much to be
overkill in the area of home computers, let alone in ham radio. So I wish
T-T well, if indeed it may be heading deeper into software-driven devices,
but such progress is, alas, not for me.

And it does appear that's where the hobby is headed, and I guess it better
be--if it wants to have any appeal at all to twenty-somethings.

73,
John, W3ULS