[TenTec] Firmware upgrade: click in headphone and Keyer timing

Joseph Trombino Jr w2kj at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 3 15:22:59 EST 2004

Howdy Ten Tec gang:

Just downloaded  1.372 into my Orion without incident and it does have quite
an effect in speeding up the QSK.

Using a QSK value of "0-7" I get clicks in the right headset.  Using setting
"8" and higher the click disappears.

The QSK is real fast now....setting number 8 seems just right for my
tastes:-)

Now if the Ten Tec folks will just make the same changes to the QSK in the
Argonaut V all will be well.  BTW:  I have sent them 2 emails regarding the
subject......doesn't look too hopeful....still waiting for one
response....hope springs eternal:-)

                                        73, Joe W2KJ
                                        North Carolina