[TenTec] FS Jupiter

NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Wed Dec 8 17:41:20 EST 2004

If you're gonna run the 706 mobile, I highly recommend the AH-4 tuner from
Icom.  In fact, I like it so much, even though I plan to sell my 706, I will
keep the AH-4.

I too think the Z100 is too small.  I like the AH-4 even better than the SGC
tuners, because it doesn't change its settings all the time while the whip
is blowing in the wind.

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Scott / W4PJ
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 2:22 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS Jupiter

Kurt,

Have you used the Z-100 mobile?
I was looking at one but it seems very small.

I have a 706MKII I want to put in my pick up truck.  Would that itty bitty
thing really tune a CB Whip on 40 at 100 watts?  Then do it again on 6 ????

I'm thinking of mounting the 706 main unit and tuner inside a large aluminum
tool box in the bed and using a whip.  Otherwise I will mount the rig inside
the cab and use a 2-way coax switch to go from a Mosely Tri-Band Bandmaster
mobile whip [one trap, just like one half of the driven element on a TA-33
tribander but smaller and stainless whip and tip] and a Hustler 40m whip and
resonator.  That will only give me 10-15-20-40 and two antennas maounted out
there.  So I think a tuner and a whip might be a better setup.  That way, I
only need one antenna on the back.  I already have a NMO mount and a 1/4wave
whip on the roof of the cab for 2m.  Almost invisible.

Would you consider selling the Z-100?  If not, no problem.  There's a local
Ham Radio shop and I can get one there, but they just looked too small to
me.

Also if you want to sell the whole package, how much?

AR BK

de w4pj
Scott