[TenTec] Re: Tuners and Mobile

Scott / W4PJ w4pj at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 8 18:12:57 EST 2004

In the pick up the space isn't an issue. But, I might want to put the 706 in
a compact car.  I had a VW New Beetle that got squashed in H- Jeanne.  I
only had the car a few months and was just about to put the 706 in there. I
guess it's cool karma that I procrastinated putting the rig in the mobile.

Anyway, the truck might be a temporary thing.  Looking at a Corvette and I
don't know if the AH-3 or 4 will fit.

So, Kurt?  Wassup?

Rick,

A friend of mine uses a 17M whip with his AH-3 on a Ford Explorer and finds
it performs better that anything else, most of the time.  When he is
stationary he will use other whips, but while mobile he loves the 17M whip
with the Icom tuner.

What say?

de w4pj
Scott