[TenTec] Orion

al_lorona at agilent.com al_lorona at agilent.com
Thu Dec 9 18:39:58 EST 2004

What's worse than the new model that still doesn't work right? It's when only *certain radios* of the new model don't work right. In that sense, what we have is the worst possible case, because it suggests both software and hardware problems, or manufacturing problems, or at least an operating process that is cryptic enough to prevent a certain percentage of users from ever achieving success.

Nobody really minds when a car model is recalled for some defect, but when only certain individual cars of that model don't work, then that model is labeled a 'lemon' and nobody buys it any more.

As an innocent bystander in this whole thing, I feel the pain of those who are experiencing problems, and I can't for the life of me understand it when one guy tells another, "I don't have that problem here."

Al  W6LX