[TenTec] Orion Mic Woe's

NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sat Dec 11 12:12:15 EST 2004

Yes, that's about my only alternative, though I hate doing half jobs.
If I can't do it right, I don't really want to do it at all.
Perhaps I'll just scrounge through the junkbox and hunt out the best
combination of discrete wires and simply rig up a straight cable, without
the spiral.  It won't be as pretty but it will be done correct.
In fact my mike cable can exit the Orion and go directly through a hole in
the desktop and feed to the front under the desk.

I've searched through a couple of catalogs here and can't find any spiral
cable incorporating dual shielded wires.  I have no idea where to even find
something like that.

By the way, I live in Germany so "Radio Shack" is not an option :-((

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Toby Pennington
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2004 9:04 AM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Mic Woe's

You are right,  I was talking about the Heil cable which has a shield braid
that goes around all the mike wires/  But give it try with the shield you
have available and see if it works. Pin 3 is PTT, Pin 2 is gnd, and pin 1 is

Mike audio, and the shield goes to the shell of your connector and the other

end to the shell of the mike.  Toby W4CAK