[TenTec] Corsair II vs Omni VI+

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Sun Dec 12 04:19:57 EST 2004

When the DSP noise reduction is not being used, the Omni VI+ is analog.
Yes, there is digital control of many things in the Omni VI, however the
signal path from antenna input to headphone output is entirely analog
unless you are using the DSP NR. PLL phase noise in the local oscillator
might be called "digital noise", but it is really quite different from
what happens when a signal gets digitized and processed digitally. The
Omni VI is an analog radio with digital control systems, until you turn
on the DSP NR.

DE N6KB