[TenTec] Re: [Orion] Orion Issues or Not - kinda long

Sinisa Hristov shristov at ptt.yu
Sun Dec 12 16:54:40 EST 2004

Grant Youngman wrote:

> Do you mean that a complete sweep consists of 500 samples and that the sweep
> cycles at 1 full sweep every 2 seconds?

Sweep ADC produces 32768 samples at 8 MS/s in 4.096 ms.
Following those 4 ms, Sweep ADC is completely inactive
for ~2 seconds.

> And your second point is that T_T simply wiggles the display in between
> times to fake us out??

Don't know why, but it's clear that any fast changes
are not related to real signals, because no new samples were taken.

> You may be right, but the first question I'd have to
> ask is what are you missing in your measurement?

Making this measurement with a scope is very simple.

And it can also be verifed by tuning to a stable signal
and repeatedly swiching ANT input on and off at random.

The delay between ANT swiched on and signal appearing
on the display will span a range of 2 seconds, with
an average delay of 1 second, as expected.

The display itself updates ~4 times per second,
and the interpolation is quite visible when the
input signal is turned off.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VE3EA