[TenTec] GFI Problems

Duane A Calvin ac5aa at juno.com
Tue Dec 14 16:40:30 EST 2004

Hello Charles,
        GFI breakers are very sensitive, and can trip from induced
current if you have just a long circuit attached to it (I think they're
spec'ed to be OK up to 100' (or 150' - I forget the exact number.)  Just
a wind current on a long outside wire will trip them.  So, it's not a
surprise you might induce enough current in that circuit to trip the GFI.
 You might try changing out the GFI outlet on the off-chance that it is
deteriorating with age and tripping more easily than it should.
Otherwise, perhaps rearranging the antenna a bit might reduce the current
enough to stop the problem.

        73,  Duane