[TenTec] GFI Problems

Charles Greene crgreene at cox.net
Sun Dec 19 11:55:16 EST 2004

Duane and all who responded,

Thanks to all who responded.  I tried many of the suggestions, but to no
avail.  The latest QST, January 2005, has an article on electrical circuits
by Steve Ford and includes a description of a GFI.  He says "some early
units may have been sensitive to RF radiation, but this problem appears to
have been solved."  Steve is right on.  I bought and installed a new GFI
outlet for the bathroom ($11.89 at Home Depot).  End of problem.  Swan
Linear on max but no tripping of the breaker.

Now I need to get a line filter to keep my XYL's electric bed from cranking
up when I transmit.  That's a no-no at 6am  :-)