[TenTec] Re: Orion: going back zu 1.371, read why

Gary Tuck gtuck at mac.com
Mon Dec 20 17:18:14 EST 2004

Thank you all for responding and either sending or offering 1.371.
Gary from ditsnbits sent me a copy almost immediately as well and asked
for feedback.

Many of the bugs that 1.372 fixed I hadn't noticed or they hadn't raise
their ugly heads in my style of operating.  I'm on CW 99% of the
time--not that I'm good, just enjoy it thoroughly.  Anyway, what I
immediately noticed was the lack of lag under 1.371 that I was
experiencing in 1.372 in the operation of the Cut, NR and AF controls.
Secondly, operation of the AF and Cut controls were smoother without
the pops and little glitches.  I've had the receiver freeze on me in
both versions and transmit keying loop issues on both--so I didn't lose
anything here.  Think I'm happier under the older version until 1.373
comes out with these little things fixed--and I hope bigger things like
loss of receive and transmit.  I've stopped using Sweep since I've read
some associate receive loss with operating CW split with Sweep.  I do
miss the much improved RF gain operation though.

Gary