[TenTec] (no subject)

Duane Budd w5ben at arrl.net
Tue Dec 21 14:35:13 EST 2004

Tom said:

"Thanks John...I hope TEN TEC can find the problem! So far replaced
all six burned out cathode resistors, then a burned out transistor
and a screen resistor, etc. They keep saying a 'momentary short in
one of the tubes' but refuse to replace them so far.  They will
eventually get it right. This is my second Titan 3 in a year! The
first one was DOA, but TT graciously took care of that (with a
little persuading!).

When it's working, man, it's a tank and really works excellent!

Tom - W4BQF"

Boy, do I ever hate to tell you this: momentary arcing in one of the tubes
was what they told me about the Titan. What it really was was a cold solder
joint in the p.s. board, the arcing of which resulted in the destruction of
one or both of those $500 tubes.

Duane Budd
w5ben at arrl.net