[TenTec] jackpot, argo 509 info!

Clark Savage Turner csturner at kcbx.net
Thu Dec 23 14:13:48 EST 2004

Hi Rich!

Merry Christmas!  I found the old 509 files!  I have several articles
with "lost info" regarding that rig, many really good mods and good
insights into making that rig work very well.

My advice - don't just replace the 4 pole filter with an 8 pole filter.
  You will still have lots of blowby and funny imd products as I recall.
  I have several articles that I can photocopy for you to explain this.
The "hot" setup is to find a spare 4 pole SSB filter (lots of old
Corsair and Argosy 4 pole filters lying in some guy's drawer, get them
for $20 if you can!)  You place the new 4 pole filter in a different
part of the circuit to eliminate blowby and other products, it really
works well.

I will photocopy the articles and get them to you.  Give me your
address.  Lets converse more when you get them.  I think I want to find
an old 509 to restore now, you got a line on any more?  :-)  I will
look for one so that I can play "in parallel" with you on the 509, it
is always a bunch of fun.  Then again, I have a half built K2 here that
I just haven't taken up in nearly 2 years.  Aaaack.

Clark
WA3JPG

Clark Savage Turner, J.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Computer Science