[TenTec] Contest Data and Conclusions

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Thu Dec 23 22:37:56 EST 2004

         In both 2004 CQ WW SSB & CW Contests, I had the highest number of
10m QSO's of any USA station, including all the major multiops.  Top tier
M/M's have much larger antenna systems, multiple operators, dual operating
positions, packet spots, pass stations between bands, etc.  My NC QTH was
not the farthest south and my ears cannot be that much better than others.
My conclusions?  I love my Orion, it really doesn't bother me that some
don't like it, and I only hope my competition doesn't discover it.

                                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV

All stations below are multiops except myself (single op unassisted):

Total CQ WW SSB QSO's on 10 meters:

W4ZV  1862
KC1XX 1766
W3LPL 1627