[TenTec] Contest Data and Conclusions

Billy Cox aa4nu at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 23 23:22:18 EST 2004

>My conclusions?  I love my Orion, it really doesn't bother me that some
>don't like it, and I only hope my competition doesn't discover it.

And as an accurate, but subjective statement ... I'd agree with it
and CONGRATS on your continued efforts from there in NC!

Likewise, if Bill was here ... with my rig and small 4/4 ... and I was at
his site ... he'd probably still whip my tail ... B-) He's a top tier op.

M/M comparisons might not be the best to use ... many times
due to not enough ops ... some bands don't get as much time
as a single op might be able to ... or new/growing ops ... or prop.

Oh, didn't KC1XX also add a pair of Orions to his stable too?

>W4ZV  1862
>KC1XX 1766

N4ZR via the PVRC, keeps a database of many of the contest
stations ... it's an interesting site to study to see just how many
Orions have made it to the desktops compared to 'other gear'

http://www.pvrc.org/WCSD/specialized_database_searches.htm

Try Orion ... note the count, and then try other gear such as the MP,
or the VI, or ??? ...

Just another data point to ponder during the next solar flare ...

Again, TT has an interesting opportunity before them ... may
they seize the day and grow their market share by offering a
superior product AND a similar level of support.

MC & HNY

73 Billy AA4NU