[TenTec] Re: Contest Data and Conclusions

Gary Tuck garyltuck at comcast.net
Fri Dec 24 15:36:59 EST 2004

I=92ve had the same experiences as Tommy with my Centaur.  Works =
flawlessly on
CW QSK until transmit from the Orion dies.  Has happened three of four =
times
while the Centaur was in line and operating or on Standby after =
operating.
Suddenly, no output from the Orion although the Centaur is being keyed.
When I called Ten Tec, they said that they=92d made changes in the =
keying loop
in 1.372 and hopefully, that should take care of it.  It did not.  Now, =
it
could be related to RF in the shack since I=92m on the second floor but =
no
other symptoms of RF that I=92ve seen.  I=92ve also read reports linking =
some of
these anomalies=97loss of receive and transmit-- to operating split =
frequency
CW with Sweep on. I enjoy the Orion so much that I=92ll keep a track of =
the
situation to see if there are commonalities to when this happens. =20

=20

Gary W7TEA

--=20
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.