[TenTec] Decision Made

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Sat Dec 25 22:32:42 EST 2004

> I know Ten Tec has a 30 day trial period, and I may try an
> Orion, if the stability issues are really mostly urban myths.
> But you sure couldn't tell that by some of the posts you see
> on here. If only Icom had the 30 day money back guarantee...

As a zillion others have said, listen to more than just the guys who are the
loudest grumblers.  No one would deny some owners have experienced some
issues .. maybe Orion, maybe not.  Everyone can find something to pick at.
The Orion is still one of the very best radios to come along in a long time.
And it does keep getting better.

I've been trying to blame it for my vanishing hair ... No luck yet, but
there must be a connection :-)

I hate to keep drawing the same parallel, but I do hang around various
photography forums a good bit also (when I'm not shooting) and the parallels
are really eerie.  If you believed all of the posts, no one would ever
purchase any digital camera (consumer or pro level) at any price.  And
people spend as much or more time denigrating this or that or the vendor or
their "lousy" $2000 lens (how could the manufacturer make such a horrendous
engineering error, etc.) .. anything other than themselves or their own
technique .. :-)

And you can't lose with the 30 day guarantee (well, some shipping maybe, but
even that's a small price )...

Grant/QN5T