[TenTec] AGC phone settings

Jeff Griffin kb2m at comcast.net
Mon Dec 27 14:43:45 EST 2004

 I've been enjoying my Orion while on vacation over the holidays. I travel
alot for work and don't always find the time to explore it full potential.
Last few days I managed to work the VU4 on 20m, and Japan on 80m, both new
one's for me. These sigs were unheard until I  adjusted the AGC settings.
I'm using the doc that  Scott and Doug wrote as a guide....

     www.tentec.com/565optimize.htm

 Now my question, is there any data available on optimizing the AGC settings
for phone? Noisy or quiet band? I remember seeing some info on phone setup ,
but don't recall where it was. I've had my Orion for almost 2 years now, and
am very pleased with it's performance...

Everyone have a happy and prosperous New Year....

73 Jeff kb2m