[TenTec] Re: Corsair II - One more problem

Douglas sparks06524 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 12:20:29 EST 2004

Hi Tim,

If I remember correctly, the Corsair II has two jacks
for a jumper on the rear panel that either enables the
internal keyer, or allows for a external keyer.
Make sure that the jumper is in place.
The manual makes this clear.
An incorrect or absent jumper MAY be your problem.

As for the spotting switch, if you are hearing a
change in "hiss" it is probably working OK.
As another poster mentioned, you should zero beat a CW
signal with the button depressed. When released, the
audio tone should be approx correct, around 800Hz.

73,
Doug/WA1TUT