[TenTec] Orion hookup questions

nq5t at comcast.net nq5t at comcast.net
Mon Feb 2 03:22:32 EST 2004

Using the QSK keying loop will absolutely, positively prevent hot keying your amp.  It does what it's supposed to do.

The accesssory connector is a holdover from times before the firmware supported the FSK connection (and some other things).  It's easy enough to wire your own, with connector types on the cable ends that match whatever you need.  I think that's a better option than using the breakout cable supplied, with one more connector to cause potential problems, in any case.

Grant/NQ5T