[TenTec] Will Orion be Ten-Tec's Last?

tongaloa tongaloa at alltel.net
Wed Feb 11 17:27:53 EST 2004

John Rippey wrote:

> When a company loses its brainiest employee (Doug Smith), it's time
> for black crepe, it seems to me, rather than sentiments such as he
> won't be missed because his work was done. One thing Smith's departure
> shows is how difficult it is to recruit and retain top-notch talent in
> locations such as East Tennessee. Virginia Tech, located not far from
> Sevierville in Blacksburg, Virginia, has the same recruiting/retention
> problems for its engineering faculty. Appalachia is not Austin, Texas,
> or northern Virginia, if you get my drift.

Imagining a bucket hanging from a fishermans scale. Each TT employee
plops his gob of gray (gravy) in the bucket while a green visored clerk
sporting armbands, and an acetate collar on a striped shirt, dutifully
records the reading on greensheets on an old metal clipboard. Personally
I'd rather live in East TN.

Who designed the RX320. IMO, it's a very elegant design and quite a
radio for the $.

-bob