[TenTec] Pegasus Erratic SWR readings

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 14 13:29:04 EST 2004

I re-read Mark's post on this subject and did some more SSB experiments,
this time with my speech processor turned off.  I did indeed now see an
erratic SWR on my pegasus.  I believe Mark's analysis is in fact right on
the mark (no pun intended).  I am going to make a change to my high SWR
power reduction feature.  Instead of just looking at solely at SWR to decide
to reduce power, I will only look at reflected power.  When the value of
reflected power exceeds the value required to reach the threshold SWR for
100 watts forward power, I will reduce the power.  This will prevent low
power instances of SWR calculation from tripping my SWR power reduction
feature.

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC