[TenTec] Omni C

Paul DeWitte K9OT k9ot at mhtc.net
Thu Feb 19 08:25:48 EST 2004

I have an Omni C that I bought used in 1986. I worked over 200 countries
with it barefoot before I was offered a Herc 444 from an estate.
  At that time most of my operating was on the higher bands 10-15-20m. I
worked many stations (barefoot) that did not even move the s meter but were
Q5.
 And yes on the low bands it does not hear as well as my Omni VI+, and does
not have as good of filtering for VERY crowded bands.
  I still consider it one of the best radios made, and yes it is VERY quiet
on receive. Much less tiring to listen to for long periods such as
contesting.

73 Paul K9OT