[TenTec] ...and to Yuri (K3BU)?

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 23:07:08 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/24/04 10:29:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
aldermant at alltel.net writes:
>>But you forgot to mention the 6dB advantange the C6 call sign gave
you...anyway your choice of liquid refreshment was top notch...it's not easy
to win any contest, especially with a hangover.. :>]<<

It was probably more like 15 dB, I had to keep the attenuator on :-) Had hard
time to sleep on the beach, the DJ kept palying Junkanoo at 160 dB, but
BahamaMama drowned it :-)
IC706 has blow-by on 600 Hz CW filter, I wish I had even Omni D instead.
It was kind of last minute decision, I wasn't sure I will get the license, so
I took the "toys", just in case.

My main objective was to test the half sloper performance on the ocean front.
My supposition or expectation proved to be right. Antenna with higher current
point can "see" the salt water further out and it is less sensitive to tide
variations. Half Sloper was working against the sliding door frame and gave
perfect 50 ohm match.

73 Yuri, K3BU.us