[TenTec] About the incivility of our posts

Allan Henry Kaplan w1ael at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 26 13:35:05 EST 2004

Yuri wrote, in part,
"...As a response I get "imaginary reality" and the above crap...."

Dear Yuri,
The "imaginary reality"  expression that I used, I cut and pasted from
one of YOUR testy comments.  It was intemperate of me, and for that

                      I sincerely apologize.

That said, at least a few of us have felt that some of your notes were
somewhat ill-tempered (not to mention technically deficient - sorry) and
we responded in kind.   This is how "flame wars" get going, and we came
pretty close to that.  I regret my part in the less than polite nature
of the exchanges, but I felt that I was responding to your impolite
posts.  I shall not apologize for finding some fault with your technical
comments, but I do regret my weakness in responding in kind to the tone
you set.

You don't want to be part of this group -- you are not a Ten-Tec fan --
that is OK.

We really are all brothers in our radio avocation, and we need to be
more civil to each other.  I intend to do my part.
73 and good DX to you,
Allan H. Kaplan, W1AEL