[TenTec] Alpha 91b

WD4K WD4K2 at Charter.net
Sat Feb 28 23:47:49 EST 2004

I have had a couple questions about the "Americanizing" of my 91B. That was
a little tongue in cheek...actually for clarity: When I bought the amp at
Dayton a few years back, the Bulgarian transformer had a little hum in it as
many of those did. Alpha offered to replace it. I used it for a while then
sent it back for the American transformer install. UPS dislodged the tubes
and bent a couple pins, so I had not only the new USA transformer but new
tubes also. I have been using my 87A so the 91b has zero hours since the
complete works at Alpha. Hope that clears it up. 73, Tommy