[TenTec] Omni V Output???

OTAKEBI at aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 17:03:18 EST 2004

Could anyone on the list tell me what the normal output of an OMNI V be?
Mine has the QRP mod and with full counterclockwise of the internal ALC
adjustment pot I get the following output.
10 Meters 85W
15 Meters 90W
20 Meters 90W
40 meters 95W
80 Meters 100W
Is this typical real world output for the OMNI V into a 50 Ohm dummy load?
The QRP modification was done to this rig by previous owner.
If I replace the 10k R46 on the 9 Mhz Filter Circuit Board with the original
100k I know I will get more power output on the low but will it restore the
output on the top end?
Right now with the mod I can go down to 5 watts with the drive control full
counterclockwise.
Factory says should be 25W at that setting.
Don't want to go through to replace R46 if it will not cause a change on the
top end.
Thanks,
Dan N4VET