[TenTec] ground wave Mode? How to know?

tongaloa tongaloa at alltel.net
Tue Jan 13 16:42:03 EST 2004

Stuart-

Yes, but there is also tropospheric ducting, atmospheric refraction, and
scattering.
Ducting and atmospheric refraction  are pretty common, specially over
the ocean. Was wondering, in your experiments,  how you distinguish
these from
the 'ground wave' which refers the radio wave that propagates along the
surface.

For the bbenefit of other readers (based only on my limited knowledge of
radio physics so don't assume I'm an authority), the earth and
atmosphere have
two different indices of refraction for radio waves and radio waves that
are 'bent'
along the curvature of the earth because of this difference are what one
commonly
refers to as 'ground waves'.

73,
-Bob