[TenTec] Orion issue resolved

Larry Rockfield w6ub at nxs.net
Sat Jan 17 09:29:25 EST 2004

Previously I posted:
"Have you occasionally noticed while adjusting AGC Threshold or Noise Reduction level that turning the MULTI control causes the same number to reappear rather than advancing to the next number, and when the Sweep is turned off (recycle power sw.) the numbers react as they should?  Again, one of our subscribers appear to be on target with his concerns of the control processor's ability to keep pace with events."

Recently, I decided to initiate a MASTER RESET since I had not done so following several firmware updates, including the current 1.367.  Since the reset, I have not experienced the condition reported above, nor have I had a system lock-up with the SWEEP enabled.

Larry W6UB