[TenTec] Quieting fan

John Clifford johnclif at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 19 19:11:12 EST 2004

All of the cooling ideas are interesting... but the idea of the 150 ohm 25w
resistor is probably the most practical.

The poster of that message indicated that he had made temperature
measurements showing that there didn't seem to be any practical effect on
the fan's ability to keep the amp cool at its reduced speed.  So, this is
most likely the way that I will go also... with a note in the manual of the
modification I've made so if I ever sell the amp a future owner can back the
mod out if desired.

 - jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX

Heathkit HW-9 WARC/HFT-9/HM-9
Elecraft K2 #1678 /KSB2/KIO2/KBT2/KAT2/KNB2/KAF2/KPA100
Ten-Tec Omni VI/Opt1
Alinco DR-605TQ
Icom T90A

email: kd7kgx at arrl.net