[TenTec] Orion firmware bugs

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 20 13:14:00 EST 2004

W5TA wrote:

 >(1)  The sweep display "froze".  This happened twice.

         Try a Master Reset described on p 47-48 of the new manual.  I was
having
this problem with a beta version and a Master Reset completely cured it.
Thank you Larry W6UB!
http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/tentec/2004-January/041584.html

 >(2)  On CW, after sending each dit and dah there was a hiss which decayed
(fades away) in a fraction of a second.

         This sounds like some sort of QSK or NR issue.  I don't use
QSK and have not noticed it.  Maybe someone else will reply.  It
could be you need to adjust CW QSK Delay in the CW Menu.

         Back outside to climb my 100' tower in sunny 35 degree weather.
Funny, we wouldn't stuff like this if we were being paid!  ;-)

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV