[TenTec] IF DsP TEn Tec Argo V

Ron Zond k3miy at csonline.net
Wed Jan 28 17:25:30 EST 2004

Hi Save

Yes I like the Argo RX. It is better than the FT 100. Good contest rig. The
DSP filters, in combo with passband tuning, work quite well. The narrower
that the DSP filter is set, the better peaking effects with the passband
tuning. I use the rig in CW contests with good results. I even handle
traffic with the ig on CW. If you are a SSB person, I suggest a high
antenna, and a small amp. I have a Yaesu FL-110, which will do 200 watts CW
or SSB. The rig will drive any of the popular amps to 250 watts or more.

Ron
K3MIY