[TenTec] Omni VI Hot Rodding

Don Rasmussen wb8yqj at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 08:58:21 EST 2004

Jeff,

The stock OMNI 6 is already a hotrod!

Okay, well the factory will install a TCXO for you to
replace the crystal oven and many guys install the
InRad 2.8 filters along with the audio fidelity
improvement mod. That's a home job.

I sold my OMNI VI+ a couple years ago considering that
the new wave was DSP. Fact is, the old OMNI is nearly
unbeatable on CW.

Thanks to Stan at Ten Tec I got a second bite at the
apple with OMNI. I phoned him last week and asked him
to look for any cherry OMNI trade in on Orion.

He told me he already had one, and the day after I
called they had a TCXO installed for me *and* the unit
was shipped.

Neddless to say, very happy here - again. Ten Tec
takes care of business.

73,
de WB8YQJ

from [Jeff Kelly]

I have seen a number of mods for the Omni VI and was
wondering if there is a 3rd party Omni VI tech that
"hot rods" the radio?

Jeff
KT2K