[TenTec] Re:Orion Power Out Problems

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sat Jan 31 08:25:26 EST 2004

Yes, this is a firmware problem, even with 1.367. It does occur exactly as you describe. With the sweep turned on and operating split VFO's. It's a know problem at TT  and exchanging emails with Gary, he has this as a priority 'fix' problem. I've heard/read the next firmware update has been in beta testing for some time now and one of the guys doing beta test ran the 160m cw contest without a failure...so there's hope it will be fixed in the next firmware update. Otherwise, my Orion and Titan 3 are working in excellent fashion.

Tom/W4BQF