[TenTec] Why is the Jupiter better?

Mike Brown, K9MI k9mi at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 7 08:31:56 EDT 2004

NJ0IP wrote:

>Bob,
>
>Does the price you quoted for an IC-746 Pro also include a built-in tuner?

Yes Rick it does. As far as I know, all the Icom 746/756 series radios
include a built in auto tuner. What would scare me away from the 746 Pro
(check the eham.net reviews) is the number of transmitter failures of
the 746 Pro. That, and other issues, I would probably look for a good
used "regular" 746 and stay away from the 746 Pro if I had to have a
746. . And, of course with the Jupiter, you still have 30 days to decide
if you like it. That's something you don't see from the Yaewoodcom .

Mike - K9MI