[TenTec] Why is the Jupiter Better?

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 7 20:34:41 EDT 2004

Dennis,
A practical reality for companies of limited size such as ham radio
companies, is that the resources of the company must swing to other product
lines, and there are not unlimited software resources to work on updates.

This is probably true even of large international companies who sell radios
to both ham and commercial markets.  The swing to SDR approaches is going to
take a lot of time at the R&D and Engineering depts. of radio manufacturers.
It is new ground to be plowed by all, and there are no easy answers.

I have dealt with A/D systems for simply audio and ultrasound for 34 years,
and there are gotcha's on every new one we try!  RF designers have a whole
new job learning to deal across the analog to digital boundary!
73,
Stuart
K5KVH