[TenTec] Orion Losing RX Audio

A. Sewell n5na at att.net
Sun Jul 11 10:42:29 EDT 2004

I had problems with my Orion losing receive audio using 1.370 in the WPX CW
so this weekend I was curious to see if 1.371 did the same thing in the IARU
contest.  Sure enough, on the 2nd QSO I lost receive audio.

I had my K1EL Winkey external keyer set up to key the PTT/Key line on the
accessory jack.  After a couple of occurances of losing audio I decided to
try keying the key line in the back of the rig with the external keyer.

After I switched to keying the key line with the external keyer I had NO
MORE occurances of losing audio.

I have submitted this to ditsnbits so maybe this will help pin down the
problem.

73,

Alan  N5NA