[TenTec] Orion Losing RX Audio

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Sun Jul 11 11:14:56 EDT 2004

Hmmm - this could be why I have NOT been plagued with my Orion losing audio. Mine is setup to key with either the computer or with an MFJ 493 keyer to the accessory cable. When I set the Orion up I used keys with plugs that fit, so the Begali is connected to the MFJ, the Brass Racer to the Orion. And I am not enamoured of the Vibroplex'   feel so I generally twist the knob on the keyer and grab the B.
I only use the second paddles and the internal keyer on the rare occasions when I run across someone sending QLF - and I haven't had that thrill during a 'test.
73  Pete Allen  AC5E