[TenTec] Ebay Scam

Lou Ribble n3od at enter.net
Thu Jul 15 15:23:24 EDT 2004

Just a friendly warning to members of the list of my experiences with some
"ebayer's" . I was bidding on a 262 power supply so I  could have vox with
my 544. KJM520 was the seller. I put in a bid of what the maximum I was
willing to pay. So far so good. Near the end of the bidding another person
out bid me. Still OK.The he withdrew his bid leaving me the winner. Still
OK until I checked the address of the person who bid up past my maximum and
then withdrew his bid. His call and Ebay ID is N4VMV. His last name
and  address is the same as the seller.He gave his excuse" as couldn't
contact seller"  Neat little deal. They bid up to the maximum bid to
squeeze every dollar they can out of the buyer. As it turned out the only
other bidder bid $10.00 so this scam cost me $41.00. I asked the seller to
explain the reason for their actions but no reply. They could have put a
reserve or minimum starting bid and got the same result and been on the up
and up. Sorry to go off topic but it is a Ten-Tec supply.Buyer Beware.

Lou-N3OD