[TenTec] Ebay Scam

Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales sales at tentec.com
Thu Jul 15 16:12:30 EDT 2004

This is seriously off topic - but it's called "shilling" and eBay DOES NOT
allow that.  You should complain to eBay.

Scott W4PA

At 03:23 PM 7/15/04 -0400, you wrote:
>Just a friendly warning to members of the list of my experiences with some
>"ebayer's" . I was bidding on a 262 power supply so I  could have vox with
>my 544. KJM520 was the seller. I put in a bid of what the maximum I was
>willing to pay. So far so good. Near the end of the bidding another person
>out bid me. Still OK.The he withdrew his bid leaving me the winner. Still
>OK until I checked the address of the person who bid up past my maximum
>and then withdrew his bid. His call and Ebay ID is N4VMV. His last name
>and  address is the same as the seller.He gave his excuse" as couldn't
>contact seller"  Neat little deal. They bid up to the maximum bid to
>squeeze every dollar they can out of the buyer. As it turned out the only
>other bidder bid $10.00 so this scam cost me $41.00. I asked the seller to
>explain the reason for their actions but no reply. They could have put a
>reserve or minimum starting bid and got the same result and been on the up
>and up. Sorry to go off topic but it is a Ten-Tec supply.Buyer
>Beware.
>
>Lou-N3OD
>

>---

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
   Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
   Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
   Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
   Email:  New product sales/product info         sales at tentec.com
              Service department                         service at tentec.com
   While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
   the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
   more complete answer to your inquiries.  Thanks!