[TenTec] About Lou's "New" 262G Supply...

Mike Hyder -N4NT- mike_n4nt at charter.net
Fri Jul 16 18:04:42 EDT 2004

Hi, Doc--

I don't know if my cautionary note applies to the 260 but doubt it.  If the
supply has two pass transistors on the rear heat sink then it ought to be OK
as that is a characteristic of the newer ones (I think).

I had a very big deep cycle battery once and believe I ruined it by
overcharging it by leaving a charger connected for a long time.  The charger
was "automatic" and was supposed to switch itself to trickle.  Even so, the
battery went south.  When that happened I decided to use a regular
automobile battery in the future but never used battery power after that so
can't compare the outcomes.

73, Mike N4NT