[TenTec] Ten-Tec Orion and its auto tuner

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Sun Jul 18 18:18:15 EDT 2004

I bought the "with tuner" version of the Orion and it's been turned off since day three. The Orion works so well into such a wide range of impedances that I don't find one necessary with the DX-CC, the GAP, and certainly not with the T8 or the quad.
If it ever stops raining so I can get the floors for the new shack poured without sticking a concrete truck in the mud I will order Orion #2 without tuner. Anybody know anyone who can do an effective drought dance?

73  Pete Allen  AC5E
--
Never squat with your spurs on

I've considered that it is entirely possible that an LDG Z-100 tuner would  more than fill the need for a auto tuner that is available with the Orion  (for $299.00).
 Was wondering how many Orion owners did, indeed, buy it with the internal tuner?