[TenTec] DSP dynamic range

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jul 19 16:35:17 EDT 2004

W4ZV> Today I don't know of many serious DX/contest guys using recent
Kenwood radios (maybe a very few the TS-870S).

S56A> CN8WW M/M world records were made with a lot of TS-850s.

         The TS-850S was introduced 15 years ago in 1989, not
exactly what I consider recent, and went out of production in 1996
with the introduction of the TS-870S, which is now 8 years old.
Other than the TS-2000, Kenwood has gone somewhat silent
for serious DX/contesting radios (and the TS-2000 is NOT).

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV