[TenTec] DSP dynamic range

Dave Heil k8mn at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 19 23:57:38 EDT 2004

Bill Tippett wrote:

>          The TS-850S was introduced 15 years ago in 1989, not
> exactly what I consider recent, and went out of production in 1996
> with the introduction of the TS-870S, which is now 8 years old.
> Other than the TS-2000, Kenwood has gone somewhat silent
> for serious DX/contesting radios (and the TS-2000 is NOT).

Your comment brings up the matter of support by other manufacturers,
Bill.
Some months back, my old pal OH7XM was looking for a display board for
an '850 he was repairing for a Helsinki ham.  Kenwood EU told him that
the board was no longer available.  Arno had me try here in the U.S.  I
got the same story: the board is no longer available.  The TS-850 didn't
go out of production that long ago.

Dave K8MN