[TenTec] Heil ProSet on Orion - reprise

Duane A Calvin ac5aa at juno.com
Thu Jul 22 10:20:24 EDT 2004

I am still working on a solution to my ProSet / Heil adapter / Orion TX
audio hum situation - thanks to many of you for very helpful hints.   One
thing I wanted to post for others who may stumble into this same
situation is one of the "helpful fixes" NOT to do.  Bob Heil's web page,
which was referenced somewhere along the way, describes tying the
microphone shield pin (pin 2 on the Orion) to the mic connector shell.
(Here: http://www.heilsound.com/harmonics.htm#RFI)  Do NOT do this on the
Orion!  Paul Clinton verified with me yesterday that the Orion does not
take kindly to making that connection, and I can verify that.  I'm still
working down through the options to determine which one will work, and
I'll report back when I've found the solution.

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas