[TenTec] Re: Heil ProSet on Orion - reprise

Duane A Calvin ac5aa at juno.com
Fri Jul 23 09:32:46 EDT 2004

Really?  Has Bob Heil changed the wiring of the TT adapter?  Have you
opened yours up to see if the PTT ground goes to the shell?  Mine is
about 7 years old, and it is definitely *not* wired as required for the
Orion (i.e., PTT return goes to Pin 2 audio ground, not to chassis ground
on the connector shell).  If the wiring has changed recently, this may be
is the reason some of us are seeing the problem while some aren't.

        73,  Duane

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:01:21 -0400 Bill Tippett <btippett at alum.mit.edu>
writes:
> AC5AA wrote:
>  >I am still working on a solution to my ProSet / Heil adapter /
> Orion TX
> audio hum situation - thanks to many of you for very helpful hints.
>  One
> thing I wanted to post for others who may stumble into this same
> situation is one of the "helpful fixes" NOT to do.  Bob Heil's web
> page,
> which was referenced somewhere along the way, describes tying the
> microphone shield pin (pin 2 on the Orion) to the mic connector
> shell.
> (Here:

<http://www.heilsound.com/harmonics.htm#RFI>http://www.heilsound.com/harm
onics.htm#RFI)