[TenTec] Orion Aux I/O Audio Problem

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Fri Jul 23 11:49:43 EDT 2004

I wonder if other Orion owners have encountered this problem?

I have my computer soundcard input connected to Pin 4 of the Aux I/O jack on
the back of the Orion. According to the documentation, this pin is Left Side
Audio Output. I have Left, Right and Speaker configured to the main
receiver.  With stereo headphones plugged in to the front panel headphone
jack, I hear the audio in both ears as expected and the computer appears to
be receiving fixed level audio. The audio level does not change as the main
AF gain control is adjusts.

Except - if I turn the main AF gain all the way down or mute the audio by
pushing the AF gain encoder, the audio going to the computer goes away.  If
I unplug the headphones and mute the audio to the speaker, the computer
still gets audio.

This is with firmware 1.371.

73,
Mark