[TenTec] Orion Roofing Filters

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Sat Jul 24 13:42:43 EDT 2004

> I am running 1.371 and don't see any problem with the roofing filter
control
> software. It sounded like, from his last note, that Mark has his working
> also. I think, at this point, it looks like there is not a problem in this
> area with 1.371.

It's good to get confirmation that the problems I am having don't happen on
all Orions running 1.371, so it's probably not a firmware issue. I
definitely have a problem with my Orion. If you look at the numbers in my
last post. With the 250 Hz roofing filter engaged, signals in the center of
the passband are being attenuated almost 20 dB from what they are with the
500 Hz filter. (with 250 Hz filter signal S8, with 500 Hz filter signal 12
dB over S9).

I can see a couple of possibilities:

1) the filter is defective
2) the amplifier to adjust for filter insertion loss needs adjustment

I'll give TT a call Monday morning.

73,
Mark