[TenTec] Orion Roofing Filters

NJ0IP Rick at dj0ip.de
Sun Jul 25 22:25:59 EDT 2004

Mark,

I had the same problem in my Omni V / VI / VI+, and then in my first Orion
(without AT).
What they had in common was the exact same 250 Hz filter.
When I got my second Orion, it had another 250 Hz filter.
I swapped the filters between the two Orions and the problem followed the
specific (old) filter.

I only kept the second Orion (with AT) and I kept the defective filter.  I
will purchase a new 250 Hz filter for it.  It's obvious to me that my filter
has too much loss and for 14 years I thought it was a design problem.

73
Rick