[TenTec] omni v short dits

Mike Hyder -N4NT- mike_n4nt at charter.net
Sun Jul 25 12:32:54 EDT 2004

Hi, Tom--

I've been reading this thread somewhat puzzled.  The problem may be
terminology.  Here's what I think these folks are trying to say:

1. When the key closes, it brings the key line in the rig low.

2. When the key line goes low, it causes the transmitter to enable itself to
be ready to transmit.

3. At the same time the rig introduces a delay in the key line equal to or
greater than the time required for Step 2.

4. After the delay of Step 3, the transmitter is energized to produce RF
energy.

If it doesn't work pretty much as I've described, I'll join you for a beer
(and I'm a tee-totaller at present).

73, Mike N4NT